(Revised and Effective – March 18, 2014)
What Information Do We Collect?
Information You Provide Us
When you register as a user of the Service and at other times, you submit basic information such as your company name, email address, phone number and physical address. We also collect and maintain your user ID and password, which you create and provide to use. In connection with using the Service, from time to time, you will provide us with job openings and job ads along with the cost-per-applicant you are willing to pay.
Information Collected Through Technology
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but browser settings can be changed to prevent these cookies from collecting information. Disabling cookies does not necessarily disable the use of pixel tags, web beacons and other technologies that collect information.
We do not collect the following information from job applicants:
- Contact information (e.g., email address, physical address, telephone number)
- Social Security Number, Driver’s License Number or other personally identifying number
- Payment card information or other financial information
- Job application data (other than confirmation that a job application is started and completed)
How Do We Use the Information We Collect?
We use the information you provide to us and the information we collect from job applicants for the following purposes:
- Creating and managing your user account
- Providing the Services to you, including publication of your job ads to third party sites and monitoring job applicants generated by Appcast sponsored job ads
- Responding to and communicating with you about your questions and comments
- Sending you news and updates about the Service
- Operating, evaluating and improving our Service (including developing new services; managing our communications; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions)
- Performing data analyses
- Complying with applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and our policies
You acknowledge and agree that we own all of the information we collect from job applicants, including information collected via cookies and web beacons regarding job ad views, job application starts and job application completions. We may use such information for any purpose whatsoever in connection with our business; provided, however, that we will not sell such information to data brokers or any other third parties. Further, in no event will we publicly disclose any performance-related data specific to you.
Who Do We Share Information With?
Compliance with Law and Safety
We will disclose the information we collect if we reasonably believe we are required to do so by law, regulation or other government authority or to protect the rights and property of StartDate Labs, Inc. or the public. We may also cooperate with law enforcement agencies in any official investigation and we may disclose information to the relevant agency in doing so.
We reserve the right to share information in connection with any corporate transaction, including any merger, consolidation, restructuring, the sale of stock and/or assets, or other corporate change or financing transaction including, whether during the course of any due diligence process or otherwise.
Data Storage and Security
Information security is important to us. The security of your information depends on your protection of your account user IDs and passwords. Please do not disclose your user IDs or passwords to unauthorized people. We use reasonable efforts to keep your information safe. Although we take reasonable precautions to protect your information, no website or Internet transmission is completely secure, and we cannot guarantee that unauthorized access, hacking, data loss, or other breaches will never occur.
Your Responsibility Regarding Privacy Disclosures
You are responsible for providing privacy notices to your job applicants, including notice that we are collecting certain information as described herein and any other notices required by applicable law.